Lifeline / Link-Up Program
The Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Lifeline/Link-Up Program provides discounted telephone service for Americans who are eligible under certain guidelines. Following is information about the program and how it works.
Eligibility GuidelinesIf your income level falls at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you will qualify for discounted telephone service under the terms of the FCC's Lifeline/Link-Up Program. Consumers will also be eligible to receive the discount if they're receiving assistance from at least one of the following programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF)
- Head Start (those meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Medicaid (not Medicare)/AHCCCS
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8) (HUD)
- Low- Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) . (APS included)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- National School .Free. Lunch Program
2011 Income Requirements for a Household at or Below 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
Qualifying customers living on tribal lands will sign a self-certification for the first year, and must provide documentation supporting qualification based on the above mentioned criteria once every year after.
Some examples of supporting documentation of verification of income are:
- Prior year's state, federal, or tribal tax return.
- Current income statement from employer or paycheck stub.
- Social Security statement of benefits.
- Veteran's Administration statement of benefits.
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits.
- Unemployment/Worker's Compensation statement of benefits.
- Federal or tribal notice letter of participation in Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance.
- A divorce decree or child support document.
Lifeline and Link-Up discounts apply to one phone service at the primary place of residence.
*Any other telephone features such as Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc. are available for additional charges.
If you would like to sign up or know more about the lifeline and Link-Up Program, please call (928)738-HOPI or visit our website at www.hopitelecom.net.
Download the Hopi Telecommunications Lifeline Application now.
Download the above Hopi Telecommunications Lifeline Eligibility Guildelines now.
Call 1-877-522-8428 for more information.
For more information about the Lifeline and Link-Up Programs, visit the following links:
Universal Service Administrative Company: